Translate

Friday, December 13, 2013

Happy 4th Birthday Rylan!

Chuga~Chuga Toot Toot!! All Aboard....


Our little grandson, Rylan turned 4 (two days before Popo's birthday) and he loves Thomas...a quick look and I found this pop up card from the Silhouette online store. Picked out the paper and the project started to fall together...although I just started to play with Spectrum Noir markers and well, I definitely need some practice!! I gave it a try to make the train look like Thomas and as soon as Rylan saw it he said 'Oh Nanny, it's Thomas!' so I guess I hit my mark ;)

Both trains were easy to cut out and put together, the Silhouette certainly cuts very clean and the card was easy to see where to fold and glue to make it pop.
..all I did was color with Spectrum Noir Markers, added a birthday candle sticker to make it look like the tracks for the train ~ a label, some twine, foam dimensional stickers under to give depth for the card to pop. To be honest, the coloring took me the longest and next would be the faux stitching I did on the outside of the card and box!


This is the front of the card which actually opens at the top so that when you turn the card around and open it up by letting the back flap fall down,  the pop up and the front of the card are upright. I did it this way so that it can sit open on a dresser or shelf.

Large swiss dot or what I call the 'lego' look embossing folder was used on the red card stock to bring it out and I used the smaller swiss dot for the white label.

 Faux stitching does take time but I love the look, just adds a little something to the cards...




Making boxes for these types of cards are so easy with the Crafter's Companion Boxer. Every time I make a card, I either make an envelope or box so I certainly get a lot of use of the Ultimate Tool from Crafter's Companion. It's a handy tool to have as you can make beautiful 3D projects, fun fold cards, envelopes, boxes and so much more ~ you can even emboss with it! I do love it and the CD's are very easy to follow with step by step instructions for all kinds of projects.

The card stock is from DCWV  The Celebration Stack, great colors, bright and fun. Works great with the Silhouette Cameo.

This is my Crafter's Companion ~ the ultimate tool! 
Rylan's smile said it all, and certainly made my day ~ Happy Birthday Rylan!
............... hugs and kisses from Nanny & Popo XOXO

Always looking forward to hearing from you and certainly would love to hear what makes your day? and what tool is your favorite for your craft?

Chow for now,
D