Translate

Friday, December 6, 2013

Dreaming Of A White Christmas...and some computer sense would be nice too!

I'm dreaming of the day when my computer and I are not at odds with each other! Now that would be a lovely dream.

 Sometimes I have to just walk away and let on it's not bothering me at all that I've come to a road block with technology ~ a minor detour....

....................................so I will try one more time to download at least one pic of my Christmas card...
Tada! I did it...finally it downloaded! phew....
This stepper card was a breeze to make compared to the problem I had with uploading my pic! lol 

When I say this was a fast and easy Christmas card, it really was fast and easy. 

Have to say I love, love and love some more my Silhouette Cameo. It takes all the guess work out of making this type of card as all you do is chose the design and send it to your Silhouette to cut out. 

I chose a black design on off white cardstock from Michael's, a scrap piece of black cardstock passed through my little Texture Boutique Embosser using the swiss dot embossing folder and placed it behind the  Holly jolly Christmas 3D sticker so it would really stand out.

 Next I used some gold tape to place behind the white lace (purchased at Micheal's) and stapled it to the card!a couple of little silver rhinestones, two little red berries and Le Voila! Tout Finis ;) Now that my friend is what I call a quick, easy Christmas card. Yup, loving that Silhouette of mine, big time....almost as much a bling, man I do love my jewlery...here's hoping Santa reads my blog...wink, wink, nudge, nudge....er now back to business....

For the longest time I did not use the card shapes, always cutting and figuring them out on my own to the point where I have made each card out of cardstock or paper and wrote down the finished size, the size of cardstock required , and all the measurements and instructions on the card itself for quick access.

 I also made up the corresponding envelopes for each card, envelop-box or box with their sizes and instructions written down....and crafting 100% housework 0    ;(     oopsies! My bad.

 Placed them on a ring and have them hanging on my pegboard for easy and quick references...BUT with the Cricut and the Silhouette, they both have cartridges/files that are amazing to work with. You select the size, cardstock and the rest is letting the machine do the work...then you have more time to play around with embellishing your card. Now that my friends is time well spent.

I must admit, I'm liking easy these days, yup, not bad at all.

Just wondering, do you ever have problems with downloading your images? Which programs do you use to play around with your pics? I love PicMonkey 

 Do you have a favorite card shape? or cardstock? I would love to hear from you, it's great hearing from other crafters.

Thanks for dropping by, hope you enjoyed your stay, hope your having a funtastic day creating, 

D

ps Oh my, I just noticed my sticker is a little off, can't a girl get a break? lol Oh well, that I can straighten out but I am not touching the  pic in this blog...had way too much trouble getting it on and it's staying that way...lol Sorry...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.