Translate

Monday, October 7, 2013

Back From Meacham Lake

Just a short hello as we basically just pulled in and unpacked the trailer. A wonderful week in the Adirondacks, nothing like getting away in a campsite that is practically empty ~ no electricity ~ no phone, no internet...just nature at it's best.

Meacham Lake is a wonderful campsite to bring you back to nature. Fall colors were beautiful, and we had wonderful weather the entire week ~ well, except for yesterday and today ~ but even to that was fine by us.

Walking through the empty campsite is so peaceful, chippers scampering around, the birds chirping, a little bunny hoping across the path. Squirrels running about, chasing each other, playing in the leaves.

Campfire in the evening, hot chocolate and snacks ~ fresh air and the odd strange noise that makes you very aware that you are in the middle of a forest!

Always love walking down Lake Placid's little main street with the view and quaint shops...a nice little get away.

I managed to knit, crochet, read and a little paper work also ~ yes, I bring my crafts with me, can't sit still for very long ;)

As soon as I get around to it, I will post a couple of pic's although, I really didn't take many.

It was sad to come home but I had a lovely surprise waiting for me ~ I was the link up winner at The Memory Nest ~ so a big Thank You to Leslie for sending me a Gift Certificate ~ I'll be having some fun shopping at the Memory Next for sure!! Sweet ;)  ~ a very nice ending for a lovely holiday.

Ah, back to reality, just makes holidays all that more special.

Enjoyed the great outdoors ~
D