Translate

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sympathy Card


 Having to say your final good by to a loved one is one of life's most difficult moments. No matter who you are or where you live, death will be part of your life. There are no exceptions.

Designing a card that is worthy of expressing our sympathy, classy enough to convey our respect for the family and their loved one, and all the time you are making the card, the memories come flooding in.

Since I loved the layered oval frames from my previous card post, I decided to go with basically the same idea with a little twist.

In my Silhouette Library, I had a cross and so the idea of this card began.

My card base is made out of white cardstock, cut to a finished size of 4 3/4 X 7 inches.

I cut out the cross in black cardstock, then applied a gold tape over it. Embossed it with my Sizzix Texture Boutique and swiss dot folder.

Keeping the delicate flourishes to add to the corners of the card.

Cut out my two oval frames, in two different sizes so that they could nest together. Decided to cut the larger oval in black so that once layered with the smaller white one, they would make a nice contrast.

Stamped the white oval with a simple With Sympathy stamp, faux stitched in black mark it marker, embossed and layered it with foam dimensionals.

The flowery black edging was made with one of my border punches. Embossed and added to the card.

Now, what do you put inside the card? What words? Verse?

This is what I chose:

His Journey's Just Begun

Don't think of him as gone away -
His journey has just begun
Life holds many facets
The Earth is only one
Just think of him as resting
From the sorrows and the tears
In a place of warmth and comfort
Where there are no days and years
Think how he must be wishing
That we could know today
How nothing but our sadness
can really pass away
And think of him as living
In the hearts of those he touched
For nothing loved is ever lost-
And he was loved so much.

E. Brenneman 

I made the envelope using my Crafter's Companion Enveloper to match with the card.
Matching Sympathy Card Set
On the back of the envelope I added a little doily stamped with a cross and embossed.
R.I.P. Andre, you were much loved and will be missed by many. My heart goes out to the family.

With much respect,
Donna & Family

Since Life throws us many challenges, I decided to enter this card into a card challenge at  4 Crafty Chicks