Translate

Friday, August 9, 2013

Scrap Your Stash


White on White

Using up what you have doesn't have to be boring.

Bringing white cardstock to life.

When it comes to scrapping your stash, there is nothing easier than making white on white cards. All you need is white cardstock, embossing folders, border punches and a sentiment ~ add a pearl or two, perhaps a little glitter and you are all set to go.

When you find a design that you like (as I did with this one) you can play around with it and change the look by what you add and how you add it. Finding something that works and using up what you have makes sense to me.

I've discovered that since my last three larger purchases, I am spending far less time looking for more goodies to add to my stash and actually using what I have.

My paper stash is coming down considerably and I've had to replenish my cardstock, a few bling but in all honesty my attempt at using up what I have has worked out very well.

Back to this card ;) ..... well, once again I pulled out my Silhouette Cameo and cut out the layered lacy oval, stamped it and embossed it. Layered it up with foam dimensional dots.

Card Base is white cardstock, embossed. Borders are made with a punch and glued to the card. Finished size is 5 X 7 " so it is easy to make an envelope for it.

I was running out of white pearls, so I only added the four I had!! Now that's using up your stash!! lol

I've taken a shine to using sparkly glue to add a little something special to the cards, but I've discovered a little goes a long way! Don't overdue it, otherwise, well, it can look just a tad much.

So all in all, this idea for a card resulted in these three
Base card is the same, Sympathy and White on White cards have the same borders and layered ovals. The Believe card...or make a wish card, I used a scalloped oval and stamped with an image, colored it with Mark It Markers and a blender pen...add ribbon.

I keep saying that I have to make up a few cards in advance and have them on hand, but my experience with that is...I end up making a new one and not using what I've already made!! Silly me!

Do you make up cards in advance? or do you wait to the last minute as I do? Soooo...what's on your scrapping table?

Thank you for stopping by, hope your having a fantabulous scrappy Friday!
D