Translate

Thursday, August 8, 2013

One for Dynamic Duos Challenge #64







Believe...make a wish
Card Challenge

Today I decided to enter a card into a card challenge. Trying out new things and thought ~ why not?

I've been enjoying playing with my Silhouette Studio program and adding stamps to my cards. I loved this stamp set when I seen it at Michael's. It's kind of 'magical'. It's one of their recollection collection ;)   ...kind of kool...recollection collection!! lol Just had to. Made ya say it twice ...

I wanted to see how many cards I could make with basically one idea?? Yes, my Lace, Layered & Lovely card and my most recent Sympathy Card. When I seen Dynamic Duos card challenge, I thought of this card.

Basically one sketch (in my head!) and three different looks.

I like to call this card my 'Believe' card. It's light and fluffy ;) done up in white, pink and yellow ~ touch of green to add a little 'tartness' to it.

This will be the second time I've actually entered a challenge, so it is very new to me and hope that I play along following their challenge!

I love the cards and ideas, which you can see Dynamic Duos.

Material I used to make this card:

  1. White cardstock
  2. Yellow & Pink Ribbon ~(Walmart)
  3. Recollection Stamp Set from Michael's
  4. Close To My Heart Ink Pad 
  5. Mark It Markers
  6. Copic Blender Pen
  7. Silhouette Cameo
  8. Silhouette Studio Program
  9. Bird's Cards one of her lacy doilies...altered in my Silhouette Studio by me ;)
  10. Sizzix Texture Boutique
  11. Sizzix Swiss Dot Embossing Folder
  12. Tape Runner
  13. Foam Dots
  14. Glitter Glue
  15. Scalloped Edge from Silhouette Studio

The base of the card measures 4 3/4 X 7 inches ~ finished size with scalloped edge 5 X 7 inches.
Embossed the front of the card base.
Played around with the doily pattern until I had just the outline and a thin outer cut to match.
Stamped, colored, then embossed.

Edged in darker pink (mark it marker) then used the yellow and used blender pen over it. Topped with glitter glue.
Glued yellow ribbon to front of card, then added the pink over top.
Yellow bow added to scalloped oval.

Alternated colors along the scalloped edge, then added a touch of glitter glue...and Le Voila! Another card all set to send a happy wish to someone special.

Thank you for stopping by. So...what do you think?

Have a good one,
....now go and create!!