Translate

Friday, August 2, 2013

Lace, Layered & Lovely

Oh So Pretty In Blue...

I'm loving the final results of this little number, delicate, lacy and in my favorite color too! Add some glitter and pearls and oh my!

Normally I don't use stamps much, but this time I dug out the one stamp I seem to love the most, my butterfly stamp. Coloring is not my strong suit, but I decided the only way is to give it a shot and see what would come out of it.

Well, low and behold I really got into it!! lol I used my Mark It Markers and played around with the colors. This is what I ended up with.
Mark It Markers & Glitter Glue...they look like they are going to jump off the page!
I surprised myself with the final look. Fussy cut them and they were ready to embellish my card.

The finished size of this card is 5 X 7 inches, envelope was made with my Crafter's Companion Enveloper. 
Some of the toys I used...

Material Used:

Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Cameo Studio
Big Kick Embossing Machine
Sizzix polka dot embossing folder
Fiskars scalloped edge punch
ek flower edge punch
Dollar Store Pearls
Foam Dimensional Stickers
Butterfly Stamp from Michael's
Studio g Glitter Glue
Crafter's Companion Enveloper
Colorbok cardstock
White Cardstock
Mark It Markers

Items I used...

My Finished Set...
For the base of the card I cut cardstock to 8 1/2 X 7 inches. Fold in half for finished size to be 4 1/4 X 7 ".

Next I cut out my scalloped ovals, one larger and one smaller so that once layered, they fit over each other nicely, adding dimensional stickers to add depth to layers. 

Scalloped ovals measured 3.740 X 5.145 inches in the Silhouette Cameo Studio program. Stamp sentiment, highlight with glitter glue. Go around the scalloped edges with glitter glue.

Punched out two scalloped boarders and two lacy punched boarders and layered for both sides of the card and glued them into place. Added glitter glue to the top layers.

Place pearls along sides of scalloped edge. 

Fussy cut the stamped, glittered butterflies and added dimensional stickers and attached to the oval frames.

I always cut a matching paper or white paper for the inside of the card and type up a sentiment.

For the envelope, I always turn to my Crafter's Companion. It is sooo easy to make a matching or complimentary envelope which just finishes off the set.






Who knew coloring could be so much fun? Trying something new is not so bad after all! Go ahead, color outside the box ;)   ...cause ya just never know...remember, never say never.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you've enjoyed your stay. 

Crafting away in my little corner ~ craft away your blues...haha!

P.S. I am using up my stash as I go, how about you? This card was made with cardstock I've had for ages, both edgers (actually, they are my only two!!) also from way back when...what are you crafting with your stash??

I've entered this card in my first link up and hope that I did it right!! Check out 4 Crafty Chicks for some awesome creative work ;) ~ oh oh, me thinks it's a challenge and not just a link up!! My bad ~ lol read Donna, read!! then press buttons...