Translate

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Birthday Book & Lego Cup Cake Wrappers

Who is 5? Make a Wish

                                                      Birthday Set...a la Lego...

Someone who is dear to our heart turned 5 on July 9th! Yes, our little grandson Liam spent his birthday at Nanny Donna's & Popo's. According to Mr. Liam, his 'real' birthday will be celebrated on Sunday as that's when his birthday party will be hosted. 

His 'real' birthday party will be Lego theme and his mother is wonderful at designing cakes ~ so I can't wait to see what she does this year. She had asked if I could make the cupcake wrappers in the bright colors that Lego's come in. 

I purchased the bright colored card stock at Michael's and a large Sizzix polka~dot embossing folder in the hopes of making them look like the base plates of Legos. 



Out came my Silhouette Cameo! yay!! I had a pattern for cupcake wrappers but once I made one or two and showed them to Lynn, we decided to make them a little larger ~ no problem. It is sooo easy to work in the Silhouette program, I altered the pattern with no problem at all.

After that, it was a simple case of slapping on the bright colored card stock and sending the cut to the Silhouette and presto ~ out popped my cupcake wrappers all set to be embossed!

I have to admit, out of 38 + cuts, twice I buggered up the cuts...and it was my own fault for loading the mat wrong ;(  BUT I am sooooo impressed with the way this machine whizzes through spitting out cut after cut perfectly. Wow!

While the machine was spitting out the cupcake wrappers, I brought out my Big Kick and got busy embossing. Don't recall if I mentioned that I alter my embossing folders, but this is what I do:

TIP:

 To alter your embossing folders to accommodate longer pieces of card stock, I cut in the groove of an opened embossing folder and cut a slit across the fold, making sure NOT TO CUT TO THE EDGES which would be tricky to keep your patterns in line when embossing....well, at least I would have difficulty getting it to match up again ;)


This helps to match for a continued embossing pattern and less of a line in your work....and here is my bright colored, Lego embossed cupcake wrappers....just waiting for Lynn's decorated birthday cupcakes!




Now that was a piece of cake! (Just had to and pun intended!)...so on to making a little birthday book for Mr. Liam.

I thought it would be fun to make a book and add a little personalized touch to it...just for Liam.

Using up my stash, I remembered that I had purchased a few chipboard albums at Michael's when they were on sale...so out it came....so freaking easy to use these little albums. Chose the paper, used up the left over card stock from my cupcake wrappers and went to town.

Silhouette cut out the letters perfectly ~ just had to glue them in his little birthday book. Added a few stickers as embellishment and in no time his birthday book was done.





I liked this page, I used it to write little love notes 

This was a great space to write 'this little books was made with love for Liam by Nanny Donna'


My Silhouette and Big Kick played very well together!! 
I do have to admit, Liam decided that the ribbons were not necessary!! lol so off they came.

Thank you for stopping by, hope you enjoyed this little project ~ 

Yay! for chipboard, Silhouette and Big Kick ~ ya, all is good in the craft room ;)

D