Translate

Monday, June 3, 2013

Silhouette Cameo at Play

It's a Teddy Bear Parade
First off, I have to say, I am sooooo loving the Silhouette Cameo. The only problem I have found is:.....are you ready?.......THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME IN A DAY FOR ME TO PLAY!! Sorry, just had to shout that one out ;)

O.k., I am going to allow myself to whine for a second, I ABSOLUTELY HATE MIGRAINES & OSTEOARTHRITIS. O.k., got that out of my system...well, I wish it would be that easy. Both of these 'afflictions' rob you or time, energy and frustrate the heck out of you. O.k., enough said.

Phew, not about to waste any more of my time on those two issues!! lol 

Found this cute Teddy Bear for FREE online! Yes, an image that my Silhouette can cut out and even print and cut (haven't tried that feature yet) for FREE....a Big Thank You to Bird's Cards at Pinterest & Bird's Cards website. Wonderful free cutting files.

Sooo, I am sooo happy that I managed to download this free file AND managed to get it cut out AND put together!! lol What can I say? the Silhouette Cameo is a wonderful machine to work with. I am bubbling over each time I do get the chance to sit down and play. 

I can see that this machine would make it easier for the person who wants to start selling their cards or paper crafts as it does not take a lot of time to set it up and like magic it does all the work. 


This is just how clean the cutting is. Loving it!
You simply can't ask for more!

I decided to make a few of these Teddy Bears to have on hand for some scrapbooking layouts and perhaps a card to two, welcome home baby or something along those lines.

Teddy Assembly 

After cutting them out, I played around with each one. Decided to add a little dimension to them by embossing with my little true blue Sizzix Texture Boutique and some embossing folders. 

Add texture with embossing folders


Adding spongy dimensional to the head, one arm and you could add it to the 'feet', which I think I did to one of the bears and actually forgot to add it to the rest of them!! Silly me.

Pearls for eyes worked for me. Added some twine for a scarf on one of the bears ~ which I actually used a black x-tra fine tip black marker to make faux stitches ~ and used a pink pearl for this one's nose, and drew on a mouth...like I said, so much you can do with this simple little teddy bear.



No matter how you decide to play with this little file, it's one fun and easy project to make. 

The Silhouette Cameo is a delight to work with, easy to bring files into the studio program and easy to place the cuts where you want them on your cutting mat. Loving it 'bear~y much'...ya, couldn't resist that one! lol

Chow for now ;)
It's been fun playing ~ and I certainly hope that The Migraine Monster & Mr. OA (osteoarthritis) gives me a break so that I will not be MIA for a while.

Hope you are having a Beary Nice Day ;) 
Hugs,
 D