Translate

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Easy Does It.

Royal Blue, White & A Little Bling 

Simply Royal
Seriously, I can't believe how busy retired people can be! My routine has gone out the window ~ don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying life for sure...but it is totally interfering with my crafting time. lol

I'm sure we will be back to a more 'normal' life ~ or I'll just have to adapt.

Yesterday was babysitting our little grandson, and we did spend some time in my crafting corner. Rylan loves watching my little cricut draw for him...so we ended up spending much time picking images that he could 'press the buttons' and watch!! Mmm, guess there is a little bit of Nanny Donna in him after all ;)

Today was taking in some of my slacks (yes, that is much better than having to let seams out!) and hemming a pair of slacks for my mom...but I managed to squeeze in this quick card.

I have always like matted cards, embossed is even better and layering the same cut out is also an added bonus...and well, what's a card without bling? 

For this card you will need:

White cardstock cut at 10 x 6 1/2 " ~ fold in half to make the base of the card.
Royal Blue cardstock ~ Mat cut at 4 3/4" x  6 1/16th "
White mat cut at  4 5/16" x 5 5/8 " ~ Embossed
Butterfly x 3 ~ one each of royal blue, pale blue and white.
8 self adhesive clear bling
Paper Bow
Foam Dimensional stickers

Crafter's Companion Envelope maker
Two different/complimentary embossing folders
Texture Boutique

Envelope: ~  Royal Blue Cardstock cut at 8 5/8" square.
                     Score lines D & F

~Le voila~
I am leaving this card blank, so that I can come back and put whatever sentiment is needed for a special occasion...and I want to make a little card/magazine holder to fit this size of card...and yes, the bow and butterflies were cut out with my new toy, the Silhouette Cameo. 

Thank you for stopping by, hope you have enjoyed your stay ;)

D