Translate

Friday, April 5, 2013

~Weight Loss Journal~

Bind It All Journal


This was my first attempt at binding with one of my new toys, the Zutter Bind It All machine. I certainly have a few things to learn when using the Bind It All, but it is easy to use, and I'm sure if you actually watch the videos on it, you wouldn't make some of the mistakes I made ;)

This journal was made for myself!! Yes, a gift for me to me ;) 

If any of you have tried losing weight, you know how difficult it is and to top it off we start to cheat by not counting a bite here and there and the next thing you know, the darn weight is right back on.

If you write down everything that you put in your mouth, you soon see where all the extra calories are coming from and why the weight won't come off.
This journal was made with that in thought.in mind. I loved how it was going and the next thing I know I have six pages, with pockets and pull tabs, all kinds of little cards for recipes, notes to myself, and of course the Weight Watchers Target Point Keeper.

Since I wanted it cheery, I chose soft pastels and crisp white...adding bling wherever I could.

The one problem that I had was that my pages are soooo thick and that's without me adding any extra paper to it...

I only noticed how to punch the holes correctly AFTER I had already started punching top and then bottom holes...oh well, trial and error.

Can you spot some Maya Road Embellishments?

I recycled a toilet paper roll and a gum sleeve and made cute tag holders.


Brought out my handy Crafter's Companion Envelope Maker Board and made myself an envelope to add another pocket, tied it with ribbon and le voila!

I'm loving the wooden butterfly, which I colored with my Bic Mark It Markers, then added some glitter...what's a project without butterflies ;)


Took some double sided scrapbooking paper, stamped them and added them for either recipes, pictures of my journey, little notes and reminders....

...and naturally, I would use my trusty Cricut to cut out some scalloped cards, doubled them up, add a touch of color with my Mark It Markers, add bling..stamp it...and yet another space to add a little sentiment, words of encouragement...

Can you spot where I used a strip of Washi Tape? Hint, it's blue and white... 

All in all I love this journal, it's a tad bulky but has so many cute cuts, stamps, sentiments and pockets galore  that it ended up being a little too bulky for a cover and a little too bulky for the o~wire that I have...so I'm looking at binding it with an accordion fold spine with duct tape as added support for this chunky monkey!! lol


I loved the little ruler that came in my bucket of fun from Maya Road, again, Thank You  Maya Road...and better yet, I still have a lot of goodies to play around with from my win.

Thank you for stopping by, if you have any questions about this project, feel free to drop me a line ;) Hope your having a very happy, crafty day....

Chow for now
           from Nanny Donna's Corner