Translate

Friday, April 12, 2013

Fancied~up Birthday Card

Birthday Wishes in Style



 
Embossed, Layered, Stamped, Ribbons 'n' Bows
Flowers 'n' Bling
Nothing like the crisp look of navy and white ~ when I think of classy or a tad dressy, I go to navy and white! or at least that's what I'm trying to achieve! Something a little classy and well dressed for the occasion.
 
For some time now, I have been following Christina over at Flowers, Ribbons and Pearls. Needless to say, I love her style and creativity. You could say this card was inspired by some of Christina's work, I hope it makes the grade! lol as I've been a tad shy adding flowers...it's a start ;)
 
This little beauty 6 1/2 inches x 4 1/2 inches. I used my little Cricut Personal Cutter and used A Child's Year Cartridge, page 29 card ~ cut out two sizes for layers ~ one in navy (larger cut) then white for top layer... then embossed with my Big Kick and Sizzix folders.
 
Cut two oval scalloped edged pieces, this time with the Story Book cartridge and my little Cricut ~ cutting one in white and one in navy cardstock, one size difference between the two cuts, stamping Happy Birthday sentiment onto the smaller white scalloped oval. Emboss.
 
Before layering the face of my card, I attached a Navy ribbon, then layered the cuts using foam dimensional tape.
 
Using my Crafter's Companion bow maker, I made a double bow and glued it to the ribbon...adding three little ribbon roses to the knot of the bow....thanks to my sewing stash...
 
Bling, we cannot forget bling! I added some clear 'diamonds' (ya I wish they were diamonds!!) to dress it up a little.
 
Cut out two butterflies, different sizes, added glitter glue, then placed on the card.
 
Using a piece of scrap blue cardstock, I used my ek bow punch and edged one side of the cardstock then glued it to the inside of the card face...and added a little glitter glue to it.
 
For finishing up the inside of the card, I typed up a sentiment which read ~ May your birthday bring a smile to your face, and many blessings to your life..  printed it up...then stamped a butterfly on opposite corners of the insert.
 
 
 
a peek inside my card...
 
 
 
 
To hold the paper insert inside the card, I punched two small holes on the side of the fold on the card and inserted a gold stretchy cord and tied a double knot on the inside of the card...stamped with my little 'hand made with love' onto the back of the card....and yes, you could use the ribbon to attach the insert.
 
Next came the white cardstock envelobox. I love my Crafter's Companion. It's so easy to make an envelope that allows room for ribbons and embellishments on your cards...and quickly.
 
 
 
For this size of card, you need a 10 1/2 inch x 10 1/2 inch square piece of paper or cardstock.
Score at F & H, twice using the guide to make an envelobox. Fold and glue!
 
 
 Tout Finis...and Le Voila, another dandy creation all set to make someone smile.
 
 
                                                    ~ Card & Envelope~                                                  
 
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you've enjoyed your stay....
Hugs from Nanny Donna's Corner