Translate

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Retirement is Grand

No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth, but life does sometimes get in the way of crafting...I mean really? Priority people!! lol

At any rate I am slowly working on a journal for myself (which I'll share once it's done) only to realize I had better get a move on with Easter cards and projects...oh, the life of a retired person is sooo hectic ;) and I had better get a move on starting Mr. Parker's (grandson) memory quilt...I have three very large bags of his sleepers and clothing he has outgrown. Lots of cutting and planning for that project. His big sister's quilt came out very pretty if I may say so myself ;)

I'm sounding and feeling like those comical characters who say they went looking for their glasses, passed by an empty glass, picked it up to put it in the sink, only to spy a letter sitting on the table that they were suppose to mail, picked it up, putting the glass down...well, you get the gist of it. That would be me!! My intentions are good, but the delivery sometimes runs a muck! and lately, boy, have they run a muck!

My hubby just retired and we have been enjoying the freedom of just picking up and taking off for the day ~ needless to say, as much fun as that is, the darn maid (me) slacks right off and nothing gets done. Don't you hate when that happens?

I have been searching for a good place to order some tape for my trusty ATG gun, I seem to be constantly running out of it ~ right in the middle of a project...not good. Any ideas?

I love finding out where are the best places to buy crafting supplies.

Back in February ( I think it was February, lazy mind of mine) I ordered a Big Kick and a Bind It All. They have arrived a couple of weeks ago and I'm just getting around to playing with them.

I love the fact that I can emboss a much larger area with my Big Kick, but I still end up going to my little Texture Boutique for embossing the little pieces. I had thought of selling the Texture Boutique, but now I'm more incline on keeping my little darling...besides, it's cute, and it doesn't take up much room.

I am waiting for an order on new embossing folders, again I think I ordered them back in February when both Oh My Crafts & Joann's had fabulous sales on. I managed to buy both my Big Kick and Bind It All for about the price of just one of the items...double delicious.

I've been eyeing the larger Cricuts, as I still love my Cricut and find that I can purchase a cartridge that has many images on them which makes them cost effective...which if you are really on the ball, you can alter the images to your liking ~ for example, if you watch which cartridges you purchase, you can manipulate or alter the cuts in many different ways to suit your needs. So far, Cricut is #1 for me....but I certainly would not turn my nose up at trying other die cutting machines ;)

I just ordered different blades for the Cricut, and I am waiting for them to arrive. I've read up on several different sites and hopefully they will work as wonderful as these sights have said. I shall see and will pass on the information once I've tried them out.

Today I will be picking up two books/magazines that I purchased at Annie's Attic ~ I find that downloading the magazines just is not the same as having the material right at hand. Old school I guess, can't help myself.

 I do love using my Kobo for reading, as it's so much easier loading it up with some new reading material and less to pack when we are off camping...or waiting at a doctor's office, perhaps I should look into downloading some of my crafting magazines onto it. Which do you prefer? Downloads obviously don't take much space in your craftroom, but at the same time, if it's not insight, I forget I have it...

I'm wondering where you like to purchase your supplies and which scrapbooking, paper crafting tools do you love and can't live without.

Cricut? Big Kick/Shot? Spellbinders? What kind of tape? Glue? What is your favorites? I'd love to find out which materials are a must have.

Thanks for dropping by, hope your having a wonderful day...
from Nanny Donna's Corner