Translate

Sunday, March 10, 2013

~Believe~

Spring Is In The Air

Lace & Butterflies
Swiss Dots & Ribbons

I've been practicing playing with stamps and coloring and I do Believe it's going to take a little more playing to get it down to a fine art but I certainly had fun trying! and I think it came out pretty good. On this album I played around with a few different things. Duct tape is for more than Popo's work shop and Nanny is having fun playing with it!!

Adding a touch of lace is always an option to dress it up, add a little sparkle, color in your stamps, sparkle glue over the top, a little bling, ribbon and oh so pretty.

This finished album cover measures 6 1/2  inches x 6 1/2  inches. The pages were made just a touch smaller and they are made from one sheet of cardstock for the 'core' of the page and then using scrapbooking paper to fold over making one page that has three pockets for pull out tabs.

Made 8 pages like this, so you have 24 tabs for your pictures and journaling and the front and back of each page ( 16 more places for pictures!).

 Another smaller size album that has plenty of room for all your fabulous pictures.

Accordion fold technique was used for the spin of the book, once the folds are made and glued, I then cut black cardstock to glue to the back of the accordion fold spine to strengthen it.

 Glued my pages to it. Cut pieces of recycled cardboard box for the front and back cover and spine.

Glued my scrapbooking paper onto the back, front, and inside of the front and back cover. Using my white duct tape, I placed the front cover, spine and back cover down with a slight space between and taped them together. Now I have a very strong spine. A sturdy album for sure.

I had a piece of lace in my sewing stash and thought it would be a nice added bonus to the spine. Laced it around the spine cover and between each page.

Stamp up some butterflies, and started to play with Mark It Markers, Gel Pens and Glitter Glue. Added some bling to the wings....and Le Voila! 

The faux pearls, glitter and sparkle, ribbon and lace brought Spring into this album.

Cut out some hearts, and tabs using my Cricut and A Child's Year Cartridge and Story Book. Embossed the tabs with my Big Shot and Swiss Dot folder and flowers and swirls folder.

For the main center tabs, I used a scalloped edge punch, added bling from Eyelet Outlet, ribbon and faux stitched around. Some I layered white cardstock onto the purple cardstock to bring more life into it. Stamped a few tabs, some are colored and some are left in bold black and white to make it pop!

Add ribbon to pull tabs for an added touch.

Faux Stitched around the album covers, tabs and pages. I like faux stitching, but since I do it by hand, it is time consuming, but really? I am retired and doing this as a past time!! lol If I wasn't doing this, house work would be calling and who wants to give up playing with crafts for that? so I find the time ;) to faux stitch by hand...now you know

Stamped on some of the pages and tabs, left some in black and white and added color to others. Also used chalk both dry and wet to touch up the edges of some of the stamps ~ basically just playing around with different mediums and having fun. Creating as I go.

Another newbie for me, found some freebies online, printed them up and started coloring...something I'll have to practice doing more as I did enjoy it...all trial and error.

 Must check out a few good tutorials on coloring and using different mediums... I enjoy following  Christina at Flowers, Ribbons and Pearls. You will find her button on my page...wonderfully creative and helpful lady.)


This is how my little Believe Album came to be, hope you enjoyed my rambling on, thank you for stopping by. My projects are always a work in progress and I really don't have much of anything in mind when I start and just follow my heart. There are times when I would sit back and shake my head and think 'what am I doing?' but you keep on playing, adding something, taking something away and the next thing you know, it's all falling into place.

So I do Believe in things working out! Just keep at it until it sings to you ;)

Mmm, wonder what my next creation will be? With my way of thinking and doing, who knows? lol but I'm sure I'll have fun trying. 

Do you start a project with something in front of you to give you inspiration or do you create as you go? I have always changed things up, even when sewing, knitting, crochet...just have to add my own touch!

Drop me a line and let me know, it's fun finding out how others work. Does your projects take on a life of their own once they start? Crafting, just have to love it.

Hope your having a scrap~happy day,
D