Translate

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

You're Mine...hook, line and sinker!


Cricut, Story Book Cartridge, Stamps, Mark It Markers...



~A Book Style Card~


For some time now, I've been wanting to try my hand at using stamps and markers ~ not something I do a lot of.

Perhaps it's because I do not have very many stamps to play with or because I am self~taught and haven't ventured very far with them. Today that changed! I gave it a try and this is what I came up with.


Playing with Mark It Markers & Mulberry Wood Stamp
Gone Fishing

I was happy playing with my little Cricut & Story Book Cartridge to come up with the base and pages. Layering them, using different color cardstock, paper and bringing it all together with Mark It Markers. Add some foam dimensionals between the pages to give it depth. I also scored the back of the book and pages in the center. Glued a matching navy 'cover' and embossed a heart with my Crafter's Companion. To 'bind' my book together I punched four holes two fingers apart and used a gold stretchy cord. I'm loving it!


Hip~hip~hooray! A fun afternoon watching a movie and crafting in my corner, what more could I ask for? mmm, perhaps a few more stamps...oh I'm pretty sure I could think of a few things...later.


Happy in my little crafting space,

Hugs ;)

Nanny Donna 


P.S. Thank you Christina (Flowers, Ribbons and Pearls...a much loved site) for sharing your beautiful creations and inspiring us!