Translate

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

~St. Patrick's Day Card~

KEEP CALM 

AND

SHAMROCK ON


Embossed & Glittered
St. Patty's Day is on it's way, so let's get our crafting on and get ready to Celebrate!!!

There is nothing really calm about St. Patty's day, but it seems to be the in thing to say ;)

This little number came together very quickly and easy. 

Once again, I brought out my trusty little Cricut and A Child's Year cartridge, found the hat and three leaf clovers and cut it out of green cardstock. Then I cut the same size in yellow cardstock to be placed under the green hat.

Embossed and inked the green hat, added a gold cord on the band of the hat, bling...glue and glitter.

Then I glittered up the three leaf clovers, attached with a dimensional sticker.

The base of the card is white cardstock, 7 x 10 inches, folded in half to make a 5 x 7 inch card.

The insert of the card is another piece of white cardstock that I cut and scalloped the edges leaving them long enough to pass the front and back of the card base.

I embossed the front of the card base with my new Big Kick machine and a swirl pattern embossing folder...loving the Big Kick, as it's able to emboss larger areas. Woot woot!! (see I am learning new things ). 

I used some chalk to shade the sides, top and bottom of the front of the card, then I passed a matching green Bic Mark It marker around the edges of the front of the card.

Next I printed up KEEP CALM AND SHAMROCK ON, cut and glued it onto a piece of white cardstock.  Added some glue and glitter. Dimensional stickers are under the sign to make it pop.

Cut green and gold ribbon and glued to the front of the card, hiding the ends of ribbon onto the back of card front...between insert and back of the front card face. (did I confuse you yet? Hope not).

The gold stretch cord I brought over the insert pages and front of card, tying a bow at the top front of card face. 


On the insert, I used gold tape to edge both sides of the insert, so that it would show both on the outside and inside of the card...what is St. Patty's day without a touch of Gold? lol

~An Irish Blessing on the inside~

Printed up An Irish Blessing on a white sheet of paper,  used a scalloped edge punch on the top and bottom of sentiment, outlined the edges with a Gold Metallic Marker, colored in the 'lace' with the Gold Metallic Marker and glued it onto the insert.

Now it's already to sign and ship off to a certain someone who loves St. Patty's day, and now I can

KEEP CALM
AND
CRAFT ON


~Thank you for stopping by, hope you enjoyed your visit.

Hugs from Nanny Donna's Corner