Translate

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Love is In the Air...

~Valentine's Day~

For Your #1 Valentine's Day Fan

Oh Do Bring On The Bling!

or Not....

if your a tad shy...would you, could you,
pretty please.....

Feb. 14th is upon us and it's that time of year where it's all hearts, flowers and BLING!  No matter if you are a firm believer in cupid or just play along for the fun of it, Valentine's Day is a day to show your love. It can come in something small and thoughtful, or large and colorful, but most of all it should come straight from the heart.

These two cards came together pretty easy. A scalloped red circle cut with my little Cricut and the Story Book cartridge, I really do love that cartridge...so many possibilities. Embossed it with my Big Kick (yes, I purchased a new toy and am enjoying it immensely...more to come on that later!). Next I made a medallion out of white cardstock, used a lace punch on edges, embossed with swiss dot embossing folder, scored every 1/4 inch on the Ultimate Crafter's Companion score board, glued, embellished with some bling from the Eyelet Outlet. Made a smaller medallion out of left over red checkered paper (the country gurl in me), glued and embellished with a pearl in the center and some bling around the pearl...layered over three banners that I cut, embossed and added red and white heart grosgrain ribbon...added some bling to the center of the hearts...attached it to a 5X7 embossed card and scattered a few sparkles. 

Took out my Country Life Cricut cartridge and cut out the phrase 'from the heart'...and Le Voila, another one of Nanny Donna's creations...quick, easy and a little bit country.

The second card is another quickly, very easy and simple. Again, a 5 x 7 inch card, embossed, add three embossed squares cut out with my Fiskars puzzle scissors. Attach to the front of the card with dimensional stickers and using x-tra fine tip Bic Mark It Markers, I wrote ' would you... could you... and pretty please onto the squares. Cut out a white sheet of paper to fit the inside of the card and wrote ...be my Valentine?

On the face of the card, the zig-zag was embossed with Cricut cuttlebug just my type...then using my red Bic Mark It Marker, I just went lightly over it and outlined it with a black, x-tra fine marker.

Very simple, quick and easy, one of my no-fuss, no muss card. Simply cute!

I'd love to see your cards that you make for this special occasion, it would be great to share ;)

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone...

Hugs from Nanny Donna's Corner...