Translate

Monday, January 21, 2013

Waste Not, Want Not...

Feeling Blue Over Your Scraps ;(
waste not, want not

Once again the topic of conversation remains on SCRAPS! Yes, at this point I am hollering when it comes to cleaning up my mess, after all, scrap happens!

Like I said earlier on, I searched high and low for an idea that would make my life easier in my little corner and more productive, along the lines of waste not, want not? or something like that.


 So lets take your scraps from looking like this....

...and turn it into this! Ready to use for all those projects that are just calling out our name. I'm hoping that I will find good use for this left over cardstock which were overflowing from a shoe box (which I thought was organized by color...phh ya, right).

Now they are organized by size, color all nice and neat.I'll probably tweak it a bit after I get everything cut and sorted, but for now I'm placing them in one box as you can see.

The larger sizes of cardstock/paper I either placed them back with their mates or in a shoe organizer that I purchased at Walmart.

Did I mention that it just so happens that one of the cuts (3 x 4") is the perfect size for the pocket tabs for my little mini albums? How divine, I can see them now ;)

I will not try to butter you up by making this sound like a fun adventure, it is not a fun task, it is not an easy task, and sad to say, I'm still not done...and cleaning up one mess just made another one for me to clean up afterwards!
Never a pretty site to see....
from one mess into another...

So without further ado, here are the sizes that I cut out of my scraps:

1 x 3 1/2"
1 x 4"
1 x 4 1/2 "
1 x 5"

1 1/4 x 3

1 1/2 x 2"
1 1/2 x 3"
1 1/2 x 5 1/2"

2 x 2"
2 x 3"
2 x 5"
2 x 5 1/2"

3 x 4"
3 x 5"

...and so the fun continues in the land of never ending scraps! but on the bright side, my stash just grew ;) and that is always a good thing....and better yet, it didn't cost you me anything!

Hope your having a scrap~happy day ~ er, don't forget to cut those scraps as you go so you won't have this fun job!! Yippy!

from my little crafting corner,
Hugs
Nanny Donna