Translate

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Warm Wishes from Canada eh?

Brrr...I live in Canada eh?

...and boy it's cold out there!

Sending Warm Wishes on Canadian Cold Days!
I love living in Canada, and totally enjoy all four seasons.  The number one thing I always hear when winter  pokes it's nose around the corner and sprinkles the white fluffy stuff upon us, is how much people  mind the cold....so this  is how this little card came to be.

 Nothing nicer than receiving a little card sending warm wishes on a cold winter day....green is warm, the soft grey is warmer than cool whites...and green is in!

This little tent card measures 5 3/8 x 4 1/2 inches finished. The grey cardstock measures 5 x 4 inches and is embossed with a diamond quickutz embossing folder.

The cup & saucer is cut with my handy little Cricut & came from A Child's Year cartridge, page 57. The phrase or sentiment 'warm Wishes' is from the country Life cartridge. Wrapping the grey cardstock with a matching ribbon, tied up in a bow.

I love faux stitching and do it by hand...so out come my trusty Bic Markit markers.

 Using my green Mark It marker, I decided to go with dots going around the grey cardstock instead of 'stitches'...adding a few to the cup & saucer and Warm Wishes. Three mini brown brads grouped in opposite corners complete the front of this easy little card.

I  like to finish my cards by cutting a matching or complimentary paper for the inside. This one, I printed a sentiment  & stamped it...then added the matching ribbon to the inside. A brown mini brad sits in each corner.

 Le Voila, another one of Nanny Donna's ideas brought to life.

Ready to be signed, sealed and delivered ;)
Here is a pic of a few of the toys I used to make this little number.

Thank you for stopping by, may the sunshine be shinning down upon you ;)
Warm Wishes, 
from Nanny Donna's Corner ~ only in Canada eh? Pitty! lol (couldn't resist Tettley Tea's old commercial line)

Check out Oh My Crafts Giveaway!

Love is in the air ;)

Perfect for Valentines Day ;)