Translate

Monday, August 6, 2012

Masculine Birthday Card


For some reason I always find it so easy to make girly cards, but when it comes to thinking up something for the guys...oh my! After all with girls you can add frills, bling, flowers and such a wide variety of paper and yes, I know, there are plenty of paper and whatnot that is suited for our guys, I just never seem to have anything that I like...when I need it...but fortunately I was able to pick up The Heirloom Stack at Joann Fabric and Craft Store in Malone, N.Y. and absolutely love it...and yes, I am behind the times!! Most times I end up picking up my paper stash when it's on sale!! Small budget, remember?

After coming home from camping and enjoying the great outdoors, I finally was able to get back into my little scrapbooking room and came up with this. Hope you like it, better yet, I hope my son likes it as it was made for his birthday! ;)


Some of the goodies I used to make this card.
 Material List
Green card stock for card base
Beige patterned cardstock
Burgundy paper
Burgundy cardstock
Beige cardstock
Black cardstock
Black Ribbon
Music Note Paper - from Michael's Craft Store - Recolection
Cricut Cartridge - A Child's First Year
Sizzix Embossing Boutique and small dot embossing folder
Happy Birthday to you stamp - Fiskars Birthday Type
Ponderosa Pine Ink - close to my heart
White cardstock
EK Success Edger Punch - Fancy Flight
Dimensional stickers
glue runner
6 clear 'bling' dots
Dollar Store 'charm'


Green Cardstock: 10" x 7" for card base, fold in half to make 5" x 7" card.

Beige 'basketweave' paper:  cut  6  5/8" x 4  3/8"

Music Note paper:  cut 3  6/8" x 5  7/8"

Burgundy cardstock:  cut four 1/8" strips for framing music note paper

Cricut Cartridge A Child's First Year: cut violin out in beige and one in black, both same size 3 1/2 ". Glue beige on top of black violin, leaving just enough of black to make 'shadow' effect. Emboss.

Birds:  cut two small birds, 1/4 to 1/2 " - whichever size you like and emboss.

Assembling Card:

Center music note paper over beige basket-weave and glue in place.

Using the four thin strips of burgundy cardstock, 'frame' around the music note paper. Glue in place.

Apply dimensional stickers to back of violin, place on card front. Attach black bow and dollar store 'charm'.

Glue birds onto card front.

Stamp Happy birthday onto white cardstock, layer over burgundy cardstock and trim. Roll Happy Birthday banner on your fingers, over, under to make 'wave'. Attach two small dimensional stickers and place over violin.

Attach 'diamond, clear' bling, three in corner and opposite bottom corner.

With EK Success edger, make boarder and attach to card edge.

Cut burgundy paper to fit inside of card for your sentiment and finish up your card...and once again, le voila, another one of Nanny Donna's creations.

From Nanny Donna's Corner, have a scrap-happy day!
P.S. Thank you Christina for posting another one of my cards! It's so exciting seeing your own creations ;)