Translate

Monday, August 13, 2012

Heirloom Stack for the guys ;)

I'm certainly happy with the Heirloom Stack from DCWV, as it has plenty of paper well suited for the guys. I know it's been out for a while, but as I've said before, limited budge, so you buy when they are on sale ;)



These are the materials I used:

Heirloom Stack from DCWV - Joann's Fabric & Crafts Store had a great sale 
Dark Brown cardstock
Scrap piece of black cardstock for birds
Dollar Store embellishments & cord
Two large round metallic brads
Cricut
Cricut A Child's Year cartridge
Gold Metallic Marker
Dark Brown & lighter brown marker ( I used my Mark-it Markers)
Glue runner
Dimensional sticker
How to's:

Dark Brown Cardstock - cut 8  1/2" x 11" - fold in half for card base...and  cut one piece of dark cardstock at 1" x 8 1/2" for 'post'

Cut Striped paper 5" x 8 "

Cut Happiness - Smiles - Good Times to 4 1/8" to 7 1/4"

Using my little Cricut machine and A Child's Year cartridge, cut out birds in black cardstock...smaller size fits well.

Cut brown burgundy/brownish paper (scrap stash ) 2 1/2 x 6 1/4"

To put it all together:



Glue larger 5 x 8" stripped paper, flush to fold, center top and bottom.

with burgundy/brownish cardstock - (measuring 2 1/2  x 6 1/4") attach Happiness, Smiles, Good times to upper left corner.

Attach 'time' dollar store embellishment on left side of card, overlapping onto the back of your card...fold.

Attach your layers onto the face of your card.

Glued Dollar Store embellishment 'family time' to top of 'spine' embellishment with large metallic brad and attached dollar store 'cord' and frayed ends 

To make the center post between Happiness, Smiles and Good Times, cut dark brown cardstock and place between signs.

I used the gold and dark brown markers to make 'shadows' on the posts. If you chose add depth to your cards layers, you can or you can leave it clean. I smudged mine up a little after the card was made...what a no-no!! well, at least for me.

Place the birds onto your layers. I cut the larger bird off it's next and then put the nest part onto a dimensional sticker to raise it. Glued the bird behind the nest. Added some ends of cord to the nest.

To finish up my card, I always cut out a coordinating paper for the inside to add a sentiment....and there you have it! Another one of Nanny Donna's cards.

Hope your having a great day!