Translate

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sometimes they are a hit and sometimes they are a miss....


Hi, you may be able to tell by my title that I am the proud Nanny - to four little ones, all under the age of 4! They all enjoy coming over to Nanny Donna's Arts & Craft room! Seriously, that's what they call it.

We make little projects that sometimes is more like, well according to Rylan, 'it's a mess!' but we certainly do have fun.

I started off with scrapbooking when our first two grandchildren arrived and have found an outlet for some of my creativity...and card making came out of basic necessity! With extended family, special dates and celebrations come up frequently...and I got tired of always hunting through busy stores for that special card...not to mention paying $5.00 or more for a card...o.k., I'll call myself...frugal?

Now, the kids look forward to see what I come up with...as do the adults. Sometimes they are a hit and other times not so much...but we still get a laugh out of them!  

Having a small budget to work with makes a person really creative! 

Over the years I have purchased a few good 'toys' and enjoy them greatly.

To pick a single card that gave me the most laughs was one I made for my husband. I had just got my Crafter's Companion and naturally wanted to try my hand at something different. 

Well, it was so different that he didn't know which was the front of the card or the back.I had left the card in it's envelope on the table for him to find bright and early the next morning.When I finally got out of bed and came to the kitchen, low and behold there was my card standing in it's full glory on the kitchen table...upside down! What?? Norm came out to the kitchen and kissed me good morning, thanked me for his card.. and after I wished him a happy birthday..then asked why he had his card upside down on the table...he kind of grinned and said he wondered why I had made his card backwards! When he looked at the bird on the front of the card, he thought he had to turn it upside down in order for him to see a bird!


Oh well, sometimes the creative side of us goes that extra mile only to backfire on us!or not. It made his birthday just a little more fun! and that card still gives me a chuckle when I think of it...the card that kept on giving...priceless! lol

Well, that's it, that's all, from Nanny Donna's Corner to you, hope you have a scrap-happy day ;)

ps. If by chance you'd like the 'recipe' for this card, just drop a line and I'll post them for you...it's worth a few good chuckles! I still don't see how he couldn't figure this one out! Oh well...c'est la vie!