Translate

Friday, June 8, 2012

The Key to Happiness is Love Birthday Card

One of my Dollar Store finds this week was a Colorbok 12 x 12 Paper/Kit for $2.00. I'm not sure what the name of it is, but I'm thinking Best Friends? I loved the colors and designs. Pink, blue, green. All good.

...so here is a simple, clean, birthday card...I'm hoping not too girly for our son's birthday. What do you think?


This is what you will need:

Cricut or a corner rounder punch.

Cardstock 10 x 7 inches, 3  1/2 inches, 3  3/4 x 1  3/4 inch for banner and 1  3/4 x 1/2 inch for small banner.

Coordinating paper, 5 x 7 inches and 3  1/4 inches

Ribbon - blue Offray (Walmart), stamp & ink, glue runner, 4 brads, 2 eyelets, double sided, acid free, dimension stickers...Sizzix Embossing Boutique, small polka-dot embossing folder. Mark-it markers, ultra fine point in Blue Skies Blue and Tornado Black.

Fiskar border punch-apron lace.




Cut your card base 10 x 7 inches. Fold in half. Round all four corners.

Using my Cricut George & Basic Shapes, I cut out the white cardstock using the blackout shadow set at 3  1/2 inches and one set at 2  1/2 inches. Next I cut out the blue paper using same settings, cut to 2  1/2 inches.

Embossed the white 3  1/2 inch cardstock with my Sixxiz Embossing Boutique, small polka-dot folder and attached the ribbon.

Stamped the 2  1/2 inch white cardstock with Fiskars Birthday Type (which I just use my quilting ruler as a base for it, as I don't have the actual Fiskars stamp wheel, used my Mark-It markers in Blue Skies Blue and Tornado Black to pop out the word Birthday and then used the Tornado Black to write Birthday and outlined it with Blue Skies Blue ultra fine tip marker....then emboss with small polka-dot folder. Attach eyelets.

Place brads in the corner of card.

Assemble your 'stamped, embossed embellishment' add double sided dimension stickers, then glue to the face of your card. You can add as many dimensions to your card as you like, or don't add any!

For the two banners, I cut a strip of cardstock at 3  3/4 inch, centered one end in my Fiskar border punch-apron lace to make the eyelets to tie the ribbon in and then cut a V at the other end.

Stamped it ( I believe it was a  Inkadinkado stamp that I picked up at Wal-Mart) then ran it through my Sixxiz Texture Boutique, again with the small polka-dot embossing folder. Attached blue ribbon ( blue Offray - Walmart).

The smaller banner, cardstock cut to 1  3/4 x 1/2 inch, was made in the same way as the larger one, stamped it and embossed it, attached my ribbon...and Le Voila! 

A simple, clean card, easy to make. Hope the instructions were o.k., like I said, not use to posting/blogging...so it's all new to me! 

Feel free to drop me a line, let me know how I'm doing! Much appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Scrapping from Nanny Donna's Corner.